[mythtv-users] picking channel to record show from

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 7 16:37:29 UTC 2009

On 08/07/2009 11:14 AM, Matthew Zimmerman wrote:
> It probably chooses to do that based upon which tuner is currently free.
>
> I'm in a situation where I receive some broadcast channels better than
> others (darn digital artifacts...).  What I did was give one channel
> just slightly more weight (+1) (you can do this using mythweb).  This
> way, when the same show is on competing channels, Myth will record
> from the channel that gives me less digital artifacts.

If you change any capture card or channel priority, you should really
read section 12.6 of the HOWTO (
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6 ).  In truth, you
should really read all of section 12 (
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html ).

Matt, you probably don't want to increase the channel priority of the
better channel.  Read the above-mentioned section (12) of the HOWTO for why.

And, Tom, the answer to your question is in section 12, too.  Matt's
answer is probably close enough, though--unless you just want to know
the details.

Mike