[mythtv-users] How to crop/mask bottom line when using VDPAU

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:20:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM, David Engel<david at istwok.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to crop or mask out the bottom video line when
> VDPAU output is used?  I recently switched to 1080i resolution for my
> HD-PVR recordings and either my STB or the HD-PVR likes to put garbage
> on the bottom video line.  I can get rid of the garbage by having my
> TV overscan by a few percent, but I'd rather not overscan and just
> have Myth crop or mask out the garbage.
>
> David

This is simple to fix.  I had the same problem and this is how I got
rid of the garbage line.  I'm not in front of myth right now so I
can't give you the exact steps.  In mythfrontend under the setup menu
there is a choice that allows the playback size to be scaled up or
down by percentage.  The horizontal and vertical scaling are separate
choices.  So just change the vertical scaling by +2% (or something
similar).  That should get rid of the bottom line of garbage.  There
is also a similar looking menu to scale the OSD size horizontally and
vertically but that is not required.