[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 950Q, Fedora 11 - Kaffeine finds channels but MythTV doesn't

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Aug 6 19:31:55 UTC 2009

On Aug 6, 2009, at 2:31 PM, stan wrote:

> Thanks Jarod!  Raising the other timing parms worked.

I thought it might. Sounds like you have a rather marginal signal if
its taking that long to lock onto though. And that...

> OK.  Now on to tuning the audio and video.  I thought Fedora 11
> included a
> driver that allowed my Intel DG45FC mobo to display 1080i through
> DVI and
> SPDIF.  Now I find some shows are glitchy.

...is probably more to blame for your glitchy playback than any video
drivers. The drivers are there, and Intel video can indeed handle
mpeg2 hdtv playback just fine ( that's what I used for a few years
myself, before switching to an ion system this past week). If your
signal is marginal, which I'm pretty sure it is, then you're highly
likely to see artifacts during playback as the signal drops out
periodically. I might suggest looking into a better antenna and/or a
pre-amp. antennaweb.org is your friend here.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com