[mythtv-users] Myth UPnP server disappearing

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Aug 6 16:27:42 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 10:08:45 Richard Morton wrote:
> Brian,
>
> What controlpoint and or other upnp software are you using?

Most often a Myka unit:

http://www.myka.tv/

But I have tried a PS3, an XBox360 and a D-Link DSM-520, all with the same
results.

I've installed XBMC on a spare machine, it behaves the same way, sees the Myth
B/E sometimes, sees the other servers always.

All these units work fine with other UPnP servers (Media Tomb, TVersity,
PlayON), so the problem seems to be with the Myth machine.

The consensus seems to be that If I upgrade from an old B/E I'll do better,
and I've been planning to do that for some time. I was hoping I could get
away with waiting for 0.22, but now that I'm trying to get UPnP working I may
have to upgrade sooner.

Right now I'm looking into my routers and how they handle multicast and UPnP.
I think I can greatly simplify my network setup, which never hurts.

The Myka can see NFS or Samba shares, and this works fine, but it bugs me that
UPnP doesn't work.

It's one of those "when I get to it" projects, but I thought I'd see if anyone
here had any ideas.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org