[mythtv-users] DTV D11 serial remote problem

Jaxx Jaxx jaxx1012 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 18:42:21 UTC 2009

 Hi,
 I've been using a USB to serial cable connected to the back of my D11-500 units service port. And its been working fine for a year+. Today I noticed I was unable to change channels on my myth frontend. After doing some searching I found that sometimes DTV sends new firmware that might change the baud rate. I ran minicom on the port and started to change the baud rate from 9600 up to 115200. That seemed to be the problem after changing to 115200 I started to see regular plain text. But the text I was seeing looks like the unit is in some sort of debug mode. Below is some of the data its just pouring out.

I've reset the D11 unit several times. But each time it still comes back to this debugging output.

My question are, are there any other people who have D11 units which are having the same problem?

And, is there anything I can do about this? I'd rather not have to setup a IRblaster.

I'd also rather not call DTV and go through some BS about that port not being a interface for regular users to control the box, etc.. etc..

This is just a snippet of the tons of data its displaying.

NDS.     000015070000
NDS.     00000000000000370402100000
NDS. CaApi_GetCaEventPayloadLength (event_id = 8)(payload_handle = 1dd)
NDS. CaApi_GetCaEventPayload (event_id = 8)(payload_handle = 1dd)
NDS:^1162860 !4 -GCA  <T:128 M:PPV >FreeTransaction deleting CA_PIP transaction in slot [1]
NDS. EMM Arrived: x_connection 2, buf 0x008da994
NDS. EMM: 0200669
NDS. DATA TO CARD : XXXXXXX
NDS.                BEC9CAA
NDS.                E985AE5090732