[mythtv-users] Hostname oddities in Myth

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Wed Aug 5 16:15:23 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

I've recently rebuilt my Mythbox, and have come across a problem I've
never seen before.

When I try to access the video section in mythweb I get the following error:

> Could not find a value in the database for the MythVideo directory for
> this hostname (g). Please update your <a
> href="/mythweb/settings/mythweb">settings</a> to point to the correct
> location.
The odd thing is, the hostname of the box is gobbla, not just 'g'. There
is an entry for the directory in the database, however its listed under
'gobbla' as it should be

I also noticed this appears in the mythbackend logs:
> 2009-08-05 16:59:31.985 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
> 2009-08-05 16:59:32.329 adding: g as a client (events: 0)
Again this 'g' appears. Whereas I would assume that should be the full
hostname

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dunc