[mythtv-users] Listed in the guide, did not record

Mathog David dmathog at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 5 15:29:27 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 8/5/09, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:

> Before doing the more drastic steps, try changing the Use
> Quick Tuning
> setting in mythtvsetup on the Input Connections screen from
> Live TV
> Only to Always. I had similar problems with one channel,
> and this
> change fixed it for me.

Yesterday's experiments: programmed record a different show on the same channel (failed), and manual setup record, as opposed to selecting from the EPG (failed).  Still no problem with "Watch TV" on that channel, or recording once watching with "R".

So clearly some difference between "Watch TV" and "programmed recording", and yours is the first suggestion that there might be an easily accessible difference in settings between the two.  I will try your suggestion tonight.

Thanks.

David Mathog