[mythtv-users] Questions on PXE booting a frontend

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Tue Aug 4 22:24:13 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevin Kuphal

  I haven't followed the entire thread, but another option is to use PXE to load gPXE which can then mount an iSCSI volume as a boot drive.  This gets around all the NFS issues you seem to be having and there are instructions for some Linux versions like CentOS on the PXE site.  I'm helping a friend do this with a Zotac and so far it seems to work very well.

I used the Fedora 11 installer (expert mode) to install directly to an iSCSI drive, and it created a suitable kernel/initrd pair for me, that I could use with pxelinux.0 from syslinux.
Using iSCSI still doesn't remove the problem if the server goes away.

These arn't really the main discussion here though.
Gareth