[mythtv-users] Unstable mythtv with Ubuntu 9.04 (, readStringList errors)

TigerGutt tigergud at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 17:12:54 UTC 2009

> I've been running the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 9.04 with
> the fixes
> branch of MythTV without any of these issues. Could it be a
> hardware issue?

Should't I have simular issues when running 8.04/8.10 for years ?
You raise an valid point I need to nail down.

I try just using one DVB card and avoid the Mantis driver pack.

I did run memory test for some time now, I live it on overnight.

All my previous hw issues have been reported in dmesg or seen with munin/cacti (Preformance monitoring)

Currect checklist for tonight.

- Reinstall with 32 bit.
- Just use one dvb card with kernel support.
- Refitt all hardware and clear dust etc.
- Run memtest for an hole night.

Thanks for all input so far :)