[mythtv-users] DeInterlacing && DVI

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:27:50 UTC 2009

> It is worth mentioning however (for anyone who hasn't followed the
> many discussions of the topic) that the above (sending
> non-deinterlaced video to an interlaced display) simply does not work
> correctly with any modern nVidia drivers and causes severe tearing.

I think someone recently made a "Interlaced" deinterlacer for mythtv,
that ironically doesn't deinterlace but makes sure things are in order
so that it will display properly on interlaced display. I think there
were some caveats like no scaling, etc. I believe that VDPAU still
looked better for many people, but for those that have high quality
deinterlacers in their TVs, sending things interlaced was better.