[mythtv-users] Big Plea For Help - SOLVED

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Mon Aug 3 20:48:54 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I seem to have solved the below issues by dropping in a
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116473
Asus EN6200LE 64MB Turbocache supporting 256MB DDR DVI PCI-E Graphics Card
Qty: 1Cost: 17.60

@Steve Milner - Perhaps try an NVidia over your Intel chipset.  For this
money, it's a cheap test.

@Marc Randolph - I was using just standard VGA with the ATI chip.  Nothing
fancy.  I'm currently using CPU+ with the NVidia, and have chose not to use
XvMC to keep things simple right now!

@Kevin Kuphal - You were right on the money and I was very relieved to read
your response.  Putting in the NVidia made it a new machine.

@Ken Scales - Thanks for your left field suggestion.  If I run into more
issues, I'll give that a try.

@Geoff Newbury - Right now, I'm not getting any issues with scaling as the
CPU is virtually always at 1Ghz, even when playing and commflagging
simultaneously.  If I get periodic freezes, I'll be sure to check if the CPU
is scaling - so a great tip - thanks.

@Owen Townend - You're a better man than me if you managed to get the ATI
working.  Thanks for the offer but I was just at the end of my patient with
the ATI.  If you did get it working, and many people are buying ATI, have
you considered noting down how you achieved your success in a wiki page?

Thanks to all who responded - it's appreciated.
It's such a great community like this that is making MythTV such a success.

MG
-----
"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against whacking them around a bit."