[mythtv-users] looking for cheapest fanless VDPAU card for Australian use

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:27:04 UTC 2009

2009/8/3 Glenn Sommer <glemsom at gmail.com>:
> Personally I've just got a 8500GT card (fanless).
> I used to use VDPAU in the beginning - but I found interlaced (2x)
> combined with the right screenresolution. being way better then any
> other VDPAU deinterlacer. (including advanced 2x)

would have been hard to compare provided the 8500 isn't fast enough
for Advanced 2X for HD

> (Though, I'm still using the vdpau patches - since they contain the
> support for interlaced 2x... iirc)
>
> (note: interlaced 2x does NOT support zooming! So, if you need to zoom
> - use any other deinterlacer)

interlaced 2X is only useful to let your TV/monitor do the deinterlacing.
And for it to work properly, the resolution of your screen must match
exactly the resolution of the video being played.. Which makes it
impossible to achieve in many cases ...