[mythtv-users] 4 Tuners / USB Hub / Bandwidth

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 10:12:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

We've done much the same. We use a stock (ie small/cheap powered usb 2.0
hub) and have tested this config with both the DVB-T dual tuner Kworld
KW-399U and the DVBWorld HD-2104 DVB-S/S2 tuner. We successfully used 3 x
KW-399U's in one series of tests and 3 x HD-2104's in another. We had all
tuners recording/delivering 3 streams each using multirec . We saw no usb
2.0 throughput issues in our tests at all. This needs more investigation and
may be affected seriously by the mix of hardware you test on of course.

It does look a viable route however.

Andrew