[mythtv-users] nuvexport not working on backend

Ben Coleman arrikhan_mail at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 2 02:12:55 UTC 2009

I have setup a nuvexport job as per mythtv guide on the wiki in order to
convert recordings into avi files.

When scheduling a transcode with this script, I get the following error.

>Sorry, user mythtv is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/nuvexport --infile
/home/storage/recordings/1020_2
0090801221000.mpg --noconfirm' as mythtv on zocalo

When running nuvexport without parameters from the backend, I get the
following ...

>This host not configured for myth.
>(No RecordFilePrefix defined for zocalo in the settings table.)

I have read numerous posts about people trying to do this from a frontend
and getting the same problem but I am trying to do it from the backend where
the recording was done, running frontend on the backend to kick the job off.

Has anyone had similar problems to this before?

Regards,

Ben Coleman