[mythtv-users] Zotac IonITX suspend issues.

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Sun Aug 2 01:22:27 UTC 2009

Check and post the output of cat /proc/acpi/wakeup. Here is mine.
Notice all those devices showing as disabled even though I set them to
enable in BIOS? You may have to manually set one on boot for your
Linux disto. For example, on my system I needed to add to rc.local
echo -n PCI0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup to toggle the PCI0 device so my
network card would allow for wakeup.

Note, yours will look different. This is not the same mobo as you have.

scottrus at oasis:~$ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device	S-state	  Status   Sysfs node
PCI0	  S5	 enabled   no-bus:pci0000:00
PEX0	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.0
PEX1	  S5	 disabled
PEX2	  S5	 disabled
PEX3	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.3
PEX4	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.4
PEX5	  S5	 disabled
HUB0	  S5	 enabled   pci:0000:00:1e.0
UAR1	  S3	 disabled  pnp:00:08
USB0	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.0
USB1	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.1
USB2	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.2
USB3	  S3	 disabled
US31	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1a.0
USB4	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1a.1
USB5	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1a.2
USBE	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.7
USE2	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1a.7
AZAL	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1b.0

On Jul 31, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Marc Tousignant wrote:

> This is my first time attempting suspend so I might be doing it wrong.
> I have an IonITX-C-U Ver:01 PCB. This is one of the new ones that
> has the
> JP3 jumper for 5v on USB which is supposed to enable wake on USB.
> The Jumper default is 1-2 (5vDual) with 2-3 (5v) as the non default.
> I verified suspend to ram works on my machine before enabling the
> USB ports
> in the system to allow wakeup.
> Once I enabled the USB ports the system wakes instantly after suspend.
> Originally I thought this was due to my Streamzap remote as I found
> several
> articles online stating that the Streamzap does not support suspend.
> I picked up a new MCE remote off of ebay and hooked it up. Double
> checked
> suspend without USB, worked, enabled USB and again the system woke
> after
> suspend.
> So as my final test I borrowed a USB mouse from another machine, the
> only
> device normally connected is the IR Receiver, hooked that up and tried
> suspend to ram again with the mouse being the only device connected
> via USB
> and it was upside down with no one touching it. Again instant wakeup.
> So, from this I have determined that there is an issue with my
> configuration. I left the default setting on the jumper, should I
> change to
> 5v only? What other options do I have to troubleshoot this?
>
> Marc

Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1