[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.04 + Imon HID 15c2:0043 = FAIL

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Aug 1 21:48:16 UTC 2009

On 08/01/2009 12:43 PM, spectro wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Jarod Wilson<jarod at wilsonet.com>  wrote:
>> On 07/31/2009 06:42 PM, spectro wrote:
>>> I bought one of them Imon IR receivers, it comes with a RM100 Veris
>>> remote. All good but it doesn't work with mythbuntu 9.04.
>>>
>>> Ubuntu detects and setups the thing as a mouse and no lirc devices are
>>> created.
>>>
>>> I tried updating lirc to 0.8.5-pre1 with no luck, also I can't find
>>> any good info on how to build lirc CVS from sources.
>>>
>>> Help?
>
>> http://lirc.org/cvs.html for starters. Might be the first of those I've seen
>> in the wild. Might work perfectly with current lirc cvs, might require some
>> slight tweaking, dunno.
>

> The device seems to in lirc_imon.c but mythbuntu detects it as a mouse.
>
> I have no idea how to make lirc pick it up and create the lircx devices in /dev
>
> I tried some configuration file voodoo but nothing works so far.
>
> Is there any way to troubleshoot what is going on in lirc_imon.c and
> why is not detecting/creating the devices?

I'm guessing the usbhid driver grabbed it first, and you need to tell
usbhid not to. I forget the exact format of the line to do that, but its
something along the lines of 'options usbhid quirks=0x15c2:0x0043:0x4'
in /etc/modprobe.d/imon.conf or similar for your distro. (0x4 ==
HID_QUIRK_IGNORE). Reload the usbhid module with that in place (or just
reboot), and lirc_imon should be able to grab the receiver.

> btw: am I off-topic asking this here? :-s

Eh. Close enough. Might be better to ask on the lirc list, but I'd
probably be the one answering it there too...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com