[mythtv-users] Weird channel tuning issue

bit maelstrom dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 07:47:02 UTC 2009

I'm trying to put together the final(ish) piece to make my DirecTV setup
work.
I've connected through the S-Video and Audio (Hauppauge PVR-150), and am
controlling through an IR Blaster. I can capture from the command line. I
can change channels from the command line. MythTV, when I select DirecTV as
the tuner, will change the STB's channel. Sometimes MythTV will display the
picture and sound accordingly, Sometimes, it will not. (The STB channel is
changed in every case.) I haven't figured out what the magic is that breaks
it. I went through and tried 2, 4, 28, 53, 101 and 308 and all but the last
worked. But now none work. (Rebooted: Still none work.)

Even if MythTV does allow the pass-through, It will not change the channel
past the first one. For example, if I set the STB to start at 2, MythTV will
change the channel to 2 and let it pass through. If I set the STB to start
at 4, MythTV will change the channel to 4 and let it pass through. But if I
start with 2 and try to change to 4, the blaster doesn't flash.

Not sure if it's two problems or one, but the symptoms are:

1) Intermittent failure to tune channels.
2) Inability to change channels.

Log files link:

http://mythbuntu.pastebin.com/f47c35cfe

Thanks for any input!