[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 vs. 0.22

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Sat Aug 1 03:14:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 05:24:52PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 07/30/2009 05:21 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
> >>I have the same question but with a little diference, that is:
> >>
> >>* My interest is focused on reading all regular DVDs, that's the only thing
> >>that is not ok... :-(
> >>
> >>So, for regular DVD palying, which should I get?  (stable 0.21 or to use
> >>the last SVN 0.22, or any other svn branch)
> >>
> >>Thanks for your help!
> >Um, DVD playback has been built in Myth since I started using back .20.  I
> >would stick with .21+fixes.
>
> FWIW, it was (is?) broken in the 0.21 release tarball.

I haven't had much luck playing DVDs using the internal player in
0.21-fixes. Can't remember the exact issues I ran into but it was
something along the lines of issues with menus, or the player not being
able to get to the root DVD menu because it would get stuck in a loop
playing the introduction prior to the menu. I do remember that this
happened with more than just one DVD (rented DVD, not a DVD that I
burned myself.)

Because of these issues I use Xine as my DVD player in MythVideo. I was
hoping that these issues were ironed out in the upcoming 0.22 since it
is nicer to use the internal player for everything.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-