[mythtv-users] CableCARD spoofed by DIY community

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Apr 30 11:23:20 UTC 2009

> Mythtv has almost nothing in common with an IPTV system...   "IPTV" is a
> very specific term, and is not the same thing as "any video transferred over
> a TCP/IP connection."
>
> It's just like how a voice recording sent through email isn't "VOIP" despite
> it clearly being "voice over IP".

Well, I didn't read the whole article he linked to (mostly because I'm
not in the netherlands, so it's not useful info for me), but I thought
the example he cited wasn't treating mythtv like an IPTV system, but
saying that they have IPTV there and people figured out how to get at
and use the IPTV stream from myth.

However, even so, I don't think that's what Matt was talking about. I
think he was talking about when a cable provider gives us an IPTV
system that's open and DOESN'T need to be hacked (and for that, I'm
not holding my breath).

--
Ron