[mythtv-users] NVidia driver 180 does not use my modeline

Niels Dybdahl ndylist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:46:17 UTC 2009

> If you want nvidia to use your modeline, you will need to play with
> the EDID option.
> Either disable it completely with Option "UseEDID" "False"
>
> or only some frequencies with         Option          "UseEDIDFreqs"
> "False"
>
> Also make sure that HorizSync and VertRefresh are compatible with your
> modeline

Thanks for the tips. I got a little further yesterday. I managed to make the
driver accept some of my modelines. Unfortunately only 60 Hz modelines until
now and I am in PAL country...
So if the wiki is right that there is a problem with the 180 driver if the
videofrequency and the monitor frequency do not fit, then I have to make a
50 Hz modeline work.
I have looked through the modeline database in the wiki and there is not a
single modeline for 1360x768 at 50. Surprising as I do not expect to be the
only one having a 1366x768 TV in Europe.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl