[mythtv-users] Key bindings for internal DVD player - "dvd root menu"

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Wed Apr 29 02:41:06 UTC 2009

Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> This should be really simple, but I haven't been able to find it. What is
>> the key for "dvd root menu" on the internal DVD player of MythTV?
>
> I'm not sure what the default key binding is, but the name for the
> binding is JUMPTODVDROOTMENU
> Also, what I found was handy was to issue a CLEAROSD keypress first,
> as the menu key doesn't seem to register if certain OSD elements are
> on screen (or at least thats what I recall).
>
> I too use the internal DVD player, mostly for the fact that the user
> interface, keys, and behavior is the same. It mostly works fine,
> though I do have the occasional DVD that won't work right unless I do
> some trick (like skip to the main menu instead of watching the
> previews, or sometime the opposite is required). Most often it's a
> libdvdnav problem ("RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles are NOT handled yet")

Sounds like you've tweaked your keybindings.  Is there some way and/or
documentation to do this other than MythWeb?  It seems awfully
heavyweight to install Apache, php, and such, just to do what's normally
done with a plaintext file.

Next question... How to you map 2 actions (CLEAROSD+another) to a single
key?

A few moments later...
I have a cron job that backs up my database nightly, and there's a
keybinding table in there, with an entry for your "jumptodvdrootmenu",
and it's currently unmapped.  I suppose it's either install MythWeb,
find another way to configure, or write some MySQL.  Incidentally:
INSERT INTO `keybindings` (`context`, `action`, `description`,
`keylist`, `hostname`)
VALUES
('TV Playback','JUMPTODVDROOTMENU','Jump to the DVD Root
Menu','','xxxxxxxx')
Looks like it needs to be done on a per-host basis.

DP