[mythtv-users] NVidia driver 180 does not use my modeline

Niels Dybdahl ndylist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:34:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am using NVidia driver version 180.51 on Fedora 10 and I am trying to
modify my modeline, because I think it could solve the stuttering I am
experiencing.
However it seems to me that the NVidia driver does not use the modelines I
insert. If I e.g create a modeline for 1024x768, then X still uses the
resolution 1360x768. I have seen that there are some new options for the
xorg.conf. One of them is called "MetaModes". Should I use that?
Or does any of you have an xorg.conf that works with NVidia driver 180.51,
GForce 6200 and a resolution of 1360x768 pixels?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl