[mythtv-users] Audio+video stutter after upgrade to Fedora 10+NVidia 180 on FX6200

Niels Dybdahl ndylist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:25:28 UTC 2009

I found the following in the wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/NVidiaProprietaryDriver#Choppy_video.2FHigh_CPU_Usage
It states that the NVidia driver 180 has a bug that makes it stutter with
certain modelines.
I have now tried a number of modelines, but apparently they have no visible
effect. The display control panel in Gnome indicates that there are still
768 lines even if I try to reduce the number of lines. Is there any way to
check whether the mode line is used and what the current resolution is?

Second question: Does anyone have a working modeline for 1360x768 with a
NVidia 180 driver? Could I then have a copy of the xorg.conf ?

Third question: Does anyone have an easy way of going back to an older
nvidia driver when running on a system based on Fedora 10 and RPMFusion?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl