[mythtv-users] Jaunty frontend and Asus M3N78-EM

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 02:36:30 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I attempted to upgrade my frontend to Jaunty (clean install) on the
weekend and could not get the SPDIF port to light up using all of the
documented steps in Allen's wiki page.

I had to switch back to the working system before the kids got up but
just wanted to let others know that there could be some work to do...

My upgrade to my backend went much better. I had a couple of issues
with my NovaT-500 DVB-T PCI card. After the upgrade, the card would
not lock onto any of the channels. A rescan did not pick up any
channels which led me to discover that the /etc/modprobe.d/options
file needed to be renamed to /etc/modprobe.d/options.conf to be picked
up by Jaunty. I needed to have the amplifier turned on. It also not
not seem to fix itself until a full poweroff of the system.

Cheers

Phil

--
Tel: 0400 466 952