[mythtv-users] Audio+video stutter after upgrade to Fedora 10+NVidia 180 on FX6200

Niels Dybdahl ndylist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:26:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have just upgraded from MythTV 0.20+Fedora 6+Nvidia ? to MythTV
0.21+Fedora 10+NVidia 180.51-1

Everything works except that the video and audio stutter so that it is
unwatchable.
- No stutter if I use a different PC to play the recording
- Stutter if I try to play a recording with mplayer -fs -vo xv . No error
messages from mplayer or mythtv that I have noticed.
- CPU goes close to 100% while playing with either mplayer or mythfrontend.

My GPU is a NVidia 6200 which worked fine on my old installation.
I have checked in the Xorg.0.log that it is the 180.51 driver that is
loaded:

  (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  180.51  Thu Apr 16 19:08:39 PDT 2009
  (II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs

My best guess is that the Xv does not work correctly for some reason. I have
reused my xorg.conf from my old system. Should anything significant be
changed from F6 to F10?
Another guess is that the NVidia driver 180 does not work properly with a
FX6200 even though I have read that it should.
I have appended my xorg.conf

Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl

xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "v4l"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "BlankTime" "0"
        Option      "StandbyTime" "3"
        Option      "SuspendTime" "4"
        Option      "OffTime" "5"
        Option      "AIGLX" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "dk"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Unknown monitor"
        DisplaySize  349        196
        HorizSync    19.0 - 62.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
        ModeLine     "1360x768" 85.5 1360 1424 1536 1792 768 771 777 795
+hsync
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"