[mythtv-users] Can't find "Player Settings"

Sergio Bello serbel at televes.com
Mon Apr 27 15:39:27 UTC 2009

German Rodriguez escribió:
> I'm sorry to suggest this, but what happens if you go down to TV
> settings and press down one more time, I think the options may just be
> out of your sight, and they will scroll up as you move down. Another
> thing you can try is switching themes, try different themes and see if
> more options are displayed.
>

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Sergio Bello <serbel at televes.com
> <mailto:serbel at televes.com>> wrote:
>
>     German Rodriguez escribió:
>
>         Please select Utililites/Setup, and then go all the way down
>         and select Setup in the following screen, and could you post
>         that screenshot?
>
>         On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Sergio Bello
>         <serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>
>         <mailto:serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>>> wrote:
>
>            German Rodriguez escribió:
>
>                Could you post a screenshot of your Setup menu screen
>                somewhere, I wonder if the theme has anything to do
>         with it.
>                Also could you clean (remove/backup) the contents of
>                /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log and after a mythfrontend
>                restart post the first two pages of that file, there
>         may be an
>                error loading the plugin. Could you also run:
>
>                dpkg --get-selections | grep myth > installed-myth
>
>                and post the contents of the installed-myth file, just
>         to make
>                sure the packages are installed.
>

>                On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Sergio Bello
>                <serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>
>         <mailto:serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>>
>                <mailto:serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>
>         <mailto:serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>>>> wrote:
>
>                   Mike Perkins escribió:
>
>                       Sergio Bello wrote:
>
>                           Nick Morrott escribió:
>
>                               On 21/04/2009, Sergio Bello
>         <serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>
>                <mailto:serbel at televes.com <mailto:serbel at televes.com>>
>                               <mailto:serbel at televes.com
>         <mailto:serbel at televes.com>
>
>                <mailto:serbel at televes.com
>         <mailto:serbel at televes.com>>>> wrote:
>                                                         Hi all,
>                                    I've read about the possibility of
>         using an
>                                   external player like mplayer
>                                   instead of MythTV internal player. As
>                                   documentation says: "you will need to
>                                   delve into your MythVideo **setup.At
>         the main
>                                   screen, scroll down to Setup,
>                                   then Video Settings, then Player
>         Settings".
>                But I
>                                   can't find nor MythVideo
>                                   setup nor any "Video Settings" or
>         "Player
>                                   Settings" option in MythTV
>                                   frontend. I've installed MythTV 0.21
>         on Ubuntu
>                                   from Sypnatic manager, and
>                                   I've installed mythvideo and
>         mythplugins too.
>                                    Where is Mythvideo setup?

> [...]
I've found the reason of my problem. Eventually I have to search inside
MythTV code.
I have actually mythvideo installed, and also the other plugins, but the
problem is that when I start mythfrontend, it checks if I have installed
mythvideo, but it only looks in /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugis , and my
libmythvideo.so is in /usr/lib/mythtv/plugin. Starting at this point,
I've realized that for any reason (maybe after several mythtv and
mythplugins installations and uninstallations) mythtv uses
PREFIX=/usr/local and LIBDIR=/usr/local/lib, while mythplugins are
installed in /usr/lib (without "local"). Changing this values in
libmyth/mythcontext.cpp and recompiling it I've checked that I've the
new menu options available.
Thanks for all your help.