[mythtv-users] Comcast KNOWS Myths HDHomerun Channel Scanner is broken

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 27 15:08:57 UTC 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 08:56:07 Ronald Frazier wrote:
> > Second, I have discovered the exact same thing with Wide Open West.
> > all of the "analog" stations are being transmitted in a digital (but
> > non-HD) version.
>
> Son of a *****. I had a feeling it would happen sooner or later
> (though I was hoping I was wrong), but as of this morning the digital
> broadcasts of the basic cable channels are now all encrypted.
> Generally I'm pretty happy with WOW, but a bit ticked that they would
> do that. They are all part of the basic cable package, which all WOW
> subscribers can receive, so it doesn't really make much sense that
> they should need to encrypt them.

It certainly couldn't hurt to talk to them. It may not have been intentional,
maybe as simple as the default on their encoder being to encrypt, and they
just didn't pay attention.

Also, I recall reading some time back that the FCC wanted to know about cases
that appeared to be moves that were trying to force people to purchase or
rent STBs, this certainly souds like it would qualify.

--
beww
beww at beww.org