[mythtv-users] Ethernet troubles.

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Mon Apr 27 11:32:01 UTC 2009

clemens at dwf.com wrote:

>> As others have mentioned, the SD2005 is a switch, not a router.  It's
>> also best used as a paperweight, not as a networking device.
>>

> OK, there seem to be two pieces of information here.
> (1) that the LinkSys sd2008 has problems,
>
> To which I ask if I trash this router (or RMA it) what would you recommend?
> I need 1000Mbps, and only 4-5 ports.
>
> <snip>
>
> And again, what would you recommend?

I have a Rosewill 8 port gigbit switch I purchased from newegg. I think
it was the cheapest one (on NewEgg) I found that had 8 ports. I did have
to RMA the first one I got, so add a couple bucks more for return
shipping. I think the total was $45 or so. I do not use jumbo frames on
my LAN, but it has been solid so far (~6 months).

Cheers,
James