[mythtv-users] how do you handle different lineups from the same source?

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:49:18 UTC 2009

Here's the scenario, I have 2 dish STBs, one connected to an hdpvr,
the other connected to a pvr250.  The dish schedules direct lineup
lists both sd and hd channels using the same channum and freqid.
Obviously I don't want mythtv attempting to record hd from the pvr250.
 Ideally I could create 2 schedules direct listings, one containing
only hd channels for the hdpvr, the other containing only sd channels
for the pvr250.  Schedules direct won't let me do this, however, even
if I could, I think I'd have trouble getting myth to use the right
tuner from the epg since the channum/freqid is identical.

The FAQ seems to suggest editing my channel lineup at schedules direct
before populating the lineup in myth, then using the
--remove-new-channels option to mythfilldatabase so as not to re-add
the new channels.  This seems like a huge pain since
selecting/deselecting channels in my lineup is incredibly tedious and
error prone, as well as a maintenance nightmare should any of my
lineups change.  Does anyone have a good solution for this?  Thanks,

Alex