[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:10:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Bummer...I had my remote delay for like 20 seconds tonight even with
>> that patch installed.  It happened watching a recording of Grey's
>> Anatomy off ABC.  Not as bad perhaps as the times it occurred the
>> other day...but annoying.
>>
>> I'm actually running 0.21-fixes rev 18314, but that change set 19222
>> shouldn't have any effect for me.  I'm running fluxbox and
>> xscreensaver.
>>
>> Has anyone else seen any connection between this issue and xorg-server
>> 1.5?  I never had this issue before.  I'm almost tempted to restore
>> the frontend to it's pre-graded state, but I really hate to.
>>
>> Tom
>

> I understand there are two issues and you need to have a fixes version as
> suggested.  It completely killed what was a very annoying problem for me.
> Allen

Other than the Josh's patch, what's the other issue?  Change set 19222
itself is only related to gnome screensaver.  Is it something other
than that?

I will say though, the few delays I've seen since installing the patch
have been very short...so it could be something totally unrelated.
the ones I had prior to that were just awful.  One was so long I had
enough time to shell in from another machine in an attempt to see what
state the process was in before it suddenly reacted to the input.

I do find it interesting that I only started seeing this after
upgrading xorg-server to 1.5, and I see that others noticed it
upgrading from FC8 to FC9 which (I think) included that upgrade as
well.  In my case however the Gentoo upgrade was all very minor stuff
except that xorg upgrade.

Tom