[mythtv-users] mythtv-suite bleeding atrpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Apr 24 19:21:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 01:29:01PM -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:
> I have been running trunk on my CentOS 5.3 box and noticed today that atrpms
> has bleeding packages for .22.  I wanted to remove my stuff and put in the
> rpm's as its easier to upgrade.

For mythtv >= 0.22 you need a newer qt than what CentOS5
provides. This is qt44. But if you allow both to coinstall then qt44
will sometimes get libs from qt4.

> So i when to my svn folder and issues a make uninstall.
>
> then enabled bleeding  repo and issues a "yum install mythtv-suite"
>
> installed fine.  when i run mythbackend i get hte following error:
>
> [root at mythtv ~]# mythbackend
> mythbackend: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/qt44/lib64/libQtWebKit.so.4:
> undefined symbol: _ZN24QXmlStreamEntityResolver13resolveEntityERK7QStringS2_

Try uninstalling the qt4-* packages and use only qt44-* ones.

> [root at mythtv ~]# rpm -qa |grep qt
> qt-MySQL-3.3.6-23.el5
> qt44-4.4.3-10_4.el5
> qt3-MySQL-3.3.3-2
> qt44-x11-4.4.3-10_4.el5
> qt-3.3.6-23.el5
> avahi-qt3-0.6.16-1.el5_2.1
> qt-3.3.6-23.el5
> qt-devel-3.3.6-23.el5
> qt3-3.3.3-2
> qt4-mysql-4.2.1-1
> qt4-4.2.1-1
> qt-devel-3.3.6-23.el5
>
> what is causing this?
>
> how can i fix it?

Try rpm --test -e qt4 qt4-mysql and see if you can safely remove these
two.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net