[mythtv-users] Noobie Help: HDPVR

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:34:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Michael Craven
<mcraven at zone4solutions.com> wrote:
> steps (I think) and have followed what was in the wiki for the HD-PVR device
> in Myth. I’m getting the following error on the backend and I can’t get a
> live stream nor am I getting anything recorded if I schedule an event…

HD-PVR support is available only in trunk (the development version of
MythTV), not in any release.

> Everything I’ve read seems to point to not having the correct type of device
> defined in mythsetup --> capture cards. I’ve selected ‘USB MPEG-4 encoder
> box’ and /dev/video0 is the correct device (tested via ‘cat /dev/video0 >
> test.ts’ successfully). Beyond that, my experience is limited and I have no
> idea. It feels like something really silly is not setup right.

Quoth the wiki:

"Add a new capture card. When prompted, select "H.264 Encoder Card
(HD-PVR)" as the card type. Set the /dev/video node to the number of
your HD-PVR. Finish adding the new capture card. You can also set the
audio input on this screen."

But the HD-PVR card type will only be present in trunk.

Robert