[mythtv-users] plugins

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:18:10 UTC 2009

On 23/04/2009, Benjamin Tsien <btsien at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Quick question.  I've built mythtv from the .21-fixes branch in svn.  Do I need to also build all the plugins from the same revision from scratch, or could I just install an existing binary package from my distribution, i.e. also from .21-fixes?  I'm mainly interested in mythvideo and mythweb.  thanks

You could use the pre-built plugins package, but why, if you're
already building the MythTV core from source? When building the
plugins from source, you can specify which are built and installed -
when using packages you'll probably get them all. You also get the
benefit of access to any backported fixes as soon as soon they are
committed to the 0.21-fixes branch, after a quick 'svn up' and
recompile.

IMHO, if you're building MythTV from source, build the plugins and
themes from source too - having a MythTV system half-built from source
and half-installed from packages "leads to madness".

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: