[mythtv-users] Master/slave backend problems

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:10:31 UTC 2009

On 24/04/2009, Don Bossung <dbossung at windstream.net> wrote:

<snipped to leave details of slave setup>

>  On the second vm, I setup MythTV from atrpms and followed the documentation
> (chapter 9.3 I believe). I made sure MySQL is not running on the sbe and ran
> mythtv-setup. The first screen I recall asked for a Language and then the
> next screen showed the UPnP mbe and I chose manual config and entered the ip
> address of the mbe. Then I went through option 1 General and specified the
> IP address of the mbe in both ip address locations on the sbe.

If you really did do this, it's incorrect. From the help text in mythtv-setup:

Local Backend: Enter the IP address of this machine
Master Backend: The IP address of the master backend server

For running a MythTV system with a singe backend, these values should
be the same. When running a MythTV system that includes slave
backends, you should set the local backend host address to that of the
slave machine.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott