[mythtv-users] What is the status of Hauppauge HD-PVR for Mythtv

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Apr 24 13:58:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 09:54:01AM -0700, JS Boyd wrote:
> HD-PVR support is in the Development branch of MythTV 0.22. This future
> release is in continuing development and not yet fully functional or stable.
>
> HD-PVR support is not in the current MythTV stable release: 0.21-fixes.
>
> However, various parties have backported HD-PVR capabilities into the
> 0.21-fixes version of MythTV. BUT these modifications are completely
> unsupported: The core MythTV developers will ignore any pleas for
> support or fixes to anything broken by adding an HD-PVR to 0.21-fixes.
> So you are completely on your own and no upgrade path from a patched
> 0.21-fixes+HDPVR to the next 0.22 release will be provided.
>
> You must patch, compile and build your own RPMS or just build from source.
>
> Now after all the disclaimers I can report that it has been done and
> that it works very well.

Fedora (or RHEL5/CentOS5) packages for 0.22 are here:

http://atrpms.net/name/mythtv-0.22/

They are marked bleeding and are intended for people that will dive
into svn/trunk if something breaks to be able to make proper reports to
the developers as outlined on mythtv.org.

They work well, and power users use them in production, but never
forget it is not release code!

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net