[mythtv-users] irblaster(.info): spoke too soon

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Apr 24 13:15:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 17:01 -0400, William wrote:
> Greg Woods wrote:
> > A couple of days ago, I had my serial IR blaster working. Now, suddenly,
> > it doesn't work any more. I have rebooted the box but I have not changed
> > anything else.
>
> Its possible that your blaster has failed.

Not impossible, but unlikely. It's brand new. It does emit detectable
signals (the Streamzap receiver blinks when I hold it near there). Are
these things known for frequent failures?

> Try moving it closer to your
> receiver if possible.

It's taped right over the aperture. It can't get any closer.

I have since tried several different Motorola remote configurations, all
without success. Perhaps I will have to order another blaster just to
rule out the possibility of hardware failure.

--Greg