[mythtv-users] Mytharchive issues (yet AGAIN!)

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 24 02:27:18 UTC 2009

John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a recording that I want to archive on DVD.  For some reason,
>> mytharchive just isn't cooperating.  The recording was made off of my
>> digital pcHDTV550 card (the DVB side).  At first I tried using the
>> mytranscode script that Rod Smith wrote, and that I've used before, but the
>> audio was about 30 seconds ahead of the video no matter what I tried.  The
>> thread that I followed a few months ago concerning that can be found at
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/361593?search_string=mytranscode;#361593.
>>
>> So, I figured I'd try the stock mytharchive.  No matter what I told it to do
>> for transcoding (SP, EP, or LP), the process would fail with the following:
>>
>> Unknown encoder 'mpeg2video'
>> ERROR: Failed while running ffmpeg to re-encode video.
>> Command was ffmpeg -threads 2 -v 1 -i
>> "/storage/recordings/3131_20090421000600.mpg" -r ntsc -target dvd -b 4771k
>> -s 720x480 -acodec copy -copyts -aspect 16:9
>> "/storage/temp/work/1/newfile2.mpg" -map 0:0 -map 0:1
>>
>> The last thing that I tried was to use the "do not transcode" option.  This
>> process completed but when I burn the DVD and try to watch it, it is only 10
>> seconds long.  So what do I have to do to get a valid DVD of this recording?
>>  I can post logs if anyone wants to see them (mythburn.log or progress.log).
>>  I've had nothing but issues with Mytharchive, which should be a seemless
>> process IMO.
>>

> I would try the projectx option.
>
> John

Nope no good.  I chose "Use ProjectX" in the Archive Settings, then
chose the recording and "Don't re-encode", and got the following in my log:

sh: projectx: not found
Failed while running Project-X to cut commercials and/or demux an mpeg2
file.
Result: 127, Command was projectx -id 0x8c0,0x8c1 -out
"/storage/temp/work/1" -name "3131_20090421000600"
"/storage/recordings/3131_20090421000600.mpg"
ERROR: Failed to run Project-X to demux file

I'm running Mythbuntu 8.10 x64 so I assume I have to apt-get projectx?

Thanks,
Harry