[mythtv-users] Cloning a frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 24 01:42:32 UTC 2009

On 04/23/2009 08:06 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> I would guess that you can simply export & import the MythConverg DB from
> mysql.
>
> However, then you'll want a script to rename the hostname in all appropriate
> fields & tables.  I think there is a script for this in the package...

If you're doing a rename, you can use the restore script, as described
at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Change_the_hostname_of_a_MythTV_frontend_or_backend
, however, if you want to use the exact same configuration you've
already set on one frontend for another frontend (or more), you'll need
jams's script.

Mike