[mythtv-users] Cloning a frontend

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Thu Apr 23 23:09:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an easy, supported way to clone an existing frontend's database
> settings?  I'm bringing up a new frontend and want it configured just like
> another frontend, including themes, key bindings, deinterlacers, etc.
>
> Jim

Something I've tried... but no promises:

-Start old frontend (that you want to clone)
-Go into settings, give it a custom identifier of "new-frontend" (or
whatever)
-Quit
-Start old frontend
-Go into settings, change custom identifier back to no
(blank/unchecked/whatever it is)
-Start new frontend, but on first start put in that same custom identifier
("new-frontend")

That seemed to work for most things.  When you change the name to a new one
it does a copy of all settings on quit.  When you bring up the new one yo
can then use those settings.