[mythtv-users] Comcast KNOWS Myths HDHomerun Channel Scanner is broken

Jeff Thurston jthurston at skyline-ats.com
Thu Apr 23 20:21:08 UTC 2009

I ran into the same thing myself, try this thread at the Silicondust forums:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5953

In it there are a few python scripts, I was able to hack at one of them (I
forget which one specifically) but it requires you do a channel scan in Myth
INCLUDING encrypted channels first.
It worked for me well enough to get the correct tuning frequencies into
Myth, from there I simply manually entered the xml ids into the database.

I wind up having three SD sources for listings, Comcast analog (PVR x50),
Comcast Digital (HD STB), Comcast DigitalQAM (HDHR).

The script I used modified only listings matching sourceid=5 in the
database, I had to change it to =6 for my needs, yours will probably be
differant as well depending upon your setup.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:31 AM, <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]

Jeff Thurston
Skyline-ATS