[mythtv-users] Inconsistent treatment of starttime/endtime vs runtime

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 22 05:58:04 UTC 2009

On 04/22/2009 01:33 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> f-myth-users at media.mit.edu says:
>
>> Anyone else who records from those channels is going to get burned
>> in the same way, unless they hugely pad.  (We're talking up to half
>> an hour in some cases.)
>>
> As un-ideal as this is, it is a workable solution assuming a) one has
> multipler tuners and b) no other program category that needs such
> padding. I've auto-padded all programs categorized as "Sports event"
> with an extra 30 minutes for years.

In other words, "If the user actually wants to pad the recording."  So,
if a user feels he/she is getting burned all the time, why not just put
a large padding on the recording rules for those movies if he/she
decides he/she has sufficient tuners?

Better, though, if you have specific examples of bad listings data, you
may want to report them to SD.  They can get in touch with TMS who can
get in touch with whatever network is failing to follow the schedule
they provide to TMS, and maybe it will solve the problem once and for
all--and do so without relying on information that is really not related
to the broadcast but just happens to be close enough for the specific
situations you've looked at.

Mike