[mythtv-users] mythweb flash streaming problem (also possibility of ogg streaming)

Barry Williams bazzawill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 05:48:58 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I am having trouble with mythweb streaming in flash. I just
recompilled ffmpeg with these options  ./configure --enable-gpl
--enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264
--enable-libxvid
I couldn't find any information specific for mythweb streaming so I
used another guide so I am not sure if that is the problem. Can I test
to see if the problem is with ffmpeg. My problem is that in the
recordings page I get no pictures and when I click the recording I get
no video (although some give me an error warning unknown program)

I am using mythbuntu 8.10 64bit edition.

Also is there any way I could get html 5 video streaming in ogg to
work like on tinyvid.tv it shouldn't be that hard just a script to
call ffmpeg2theora and then embed the video with <video
src=path/to/video controls='controls'></video>
It would save a lot of messing around with proprietary codecs.

Thanks for your time
Barry