[mythtv-users] Dual-tuner MythTV changes channels mid-recording

Rich Christiansen rich at byu.net
Mon Apr 20 17:06:24 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I recently added a second PVR-150 to my MythTV setup.  I do love having
two tuners, but it has caused some very confusing behavior.
Essentially, my MythTV seems to be doing its best to record as much of
my recording schedule as possible, even it if involves making only a
partial recording.

For example, let's assume tuner 1 is busy recording for the duration of
this example.  Tuner 2 is recording program A, and does so without
incident.  However, mid-way through the recording of program A on Tuner
2, program B begins recording on Tuner 2.  Then, recording stops when
program A was scheduled to end (not when program B was scheduled to
end).  This means that I'm left with a recording for program A that is
really only a partial recording of program A, and a partial recording of
program B.

I'm so confused as to why this is happening!  Please enlighten me.

Thanks,
-Rich