[mythtv-users] Audio sync and VDPAU

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Mon Apr 20 05:23:51 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm on Ubuntu 8.10 x64 with Medibuntu and Jean-Yves' "stable"
repository.

I have DVB-T and DVB-S in the UK.

The graphics card is a 512 MB 8400GS

http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc

As I have no 1080i content, just SD, the TV profile is quite simple:

if rez > W:0 H:0 -> vdpau & vdpau , Advanced (2X, HW)

No compositing in X. OpenGL video sync is ON. Extra Audio buffering ON.
Aggressive sound card buffering OFF.

I have noticed that when watching LiveTV, using pause and fast forward
regularly, I usually end-up with a pretty bad sync between audio and
video. I can correct it, and it's about 100ms.

It also happens sometimes with recorded programs.

I have nothing obvious in the frontend logs.

Is this because of a bad setting on my part, as I have not really heard
anybody complain about this?

Nico