[mythtv-users] front end starts but unable to watch tv

Andreas Schlehahn linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 20 05:04:08 UTC 2009

On Sunday 19 April 2009 19:47:29 Mike McMullin wrote:
>   Okay I did that, I double checked to see that it registered as the
> Haupage PVR 150 card after selecting the device, thing is it shows up
> as /dev/video1, /dev/video24, /dev/video32.

If the PVR150 is your only video-capture-card, it should show up as
/dev/video0, not /dev/video1. The other two device names (video24, video32)
are for the other inputs of your PVR 150.

In case you have another video capture device installed, you have to make sure
that they get the same device names after every restart. One way to do this is
to create a new udev rule, eg.
  ATTR{name}=="ivtv0 encoder MPG",NAME="video4"
would set the PVR 150 to /dev/video4. More info is at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev

--
Gruß
Andreas