[mythtv-users] No text, but only on live TV over lays...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Apr 18 23:10:29 UTC 2009

Hi...

Got another one I can't figure out.

I am running a front end on a mythtv slave back end box.  Watching live
TV works - but there is no text (channel number, call letters,
description) in the over lay (i.e. I see the overlay graphics, but there
is no text).  A front end running on the master back end mythtv box
works great.  Mythtv menus are working fine on both boxes.

I thought it might be missing fonts - I found some fonts instructions in
a Debian mythtv howto and added them - but that hasn't made any difference.

Anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

...thanks