[mythtv-users] wireless n cards

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Sat Apr 18 18:14:55 UTC 2009

> Okay I've been searching for a while, I have found a few different
> options, but I'm just wondering if any of you are using a USB wireless n
> card with Linux, how it is working for you, and what one it is? With my
> wife surfing on her notebook, brother in law using doing w/e on is
> iBook, and son trying to watch an HD show on his mythbox upstairs my old
> AirPort express isn't able to keep up enough for him to get a steady
> stream anymore.

I don't have HD, but have found my Belkin N card greatly extends the
range. I don't normally watch TV via wireless, but I recently needed to
set up a wireless link for a webcam in a separate building. I used Myth
Frontend as a "test" for ability to stream video. I was able to watch
recordings in SD at a distance of about 60 metres through two brick walls.

Ian.