[mythtv-users] AV-Sync problem

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Apr 18 15:15:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 12:19 +0800, David Wong wrote:
> Konichiwa~ ( but that clip is indeed a Taiwan channel :) )

Heh, yes someone pointed out to me that it was probably "Everybody
Speaks Nonsenses II - Hot Pot". With all that enthusiasm and
patent nonsense I didn't even try to listen to the words, it
just automatically fell into my internalized Japanese TV category.

> I just found with Mythtv 0.21 branch r20300 with vdpau patch, standard decoder and xv-blit,
> that 2 minutes clip is not long enough to show audio buffer underrun on my Nvidia 9400 IGP
>
> With "svn trunk", you mean 0.22 working trunk?
> I will have a try on it later.

Yes, svn trunk is what will probably become 0.22.. It did complain
about A/V sync in the file being way off, but was able to cope.
I believe Janne increased the allowed difference between audio and
video before MythTV will give up on A/V-Sync. There is of course
a trade-off here, the greater the difference in A/V you allow the
longer all operations can take, and the more memory you can
consume.

-- Daniel