[mythtv-users] interlace issue on TV?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 18 13:51:14 UTC 2009

Hello,

As you know I record SD TV signals from the Digitenne network here in
the Netherlands.
I play them back on my VIA EN12000 via composite video to my Philips CRT
TV using "720x576Over" since the NoScale mode is not available for the
VT1625 encoder on this board.

The recordings look OK except that there's something 'jumpy' about the
movements on the TV screen. They do not appear so smooth. As if
deinterlacing goes wrong.
On the PC monitor, though, all is fine.

I set mythfrontend to use VIA XvMC as decoder and xvmc-blit as renderer,
chromakey osd. I chose 'none' for both deinterlacer settings on the next
page. No filtering is used.

Does this mean that nothing is done to the video stream before it is
displayed?

If so, what is causing the jumpy movements?

Udo