[mythtv-users] How to remove orphaned recordings?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Apr 18 13:34:02 UTC 2009

Hi...

Question: How to remove orphaned recordings?

This has been a bit tricky to search for.  Mostly because mythtv users
are talking about fixing their data bases, not so much concerned about
existing recordings that are no longer tracked by their data bases.

I recently recreated my master back end (keeping all my recordings on a
different HDD) only later to realize I only had a data base back up
which was over 4 months old.  My bad.

Any ways, after tediously running though and deleting recordings which
could no longer be found, I started to realize mythtv was not deleting
much of anything off the recordings HDDs.  Now I'm sitting at 90% on the
master back and and about 70% on the slave back end - twice the file
load that was expecting.

Does anyone know of a way to identify the orphaned recordings -or- can
point me to a howto to deal with this mess?

...thanks